What’s My Story?
My name’s Victoria Klein + my Yoga journey is a long and twisted one. Beginning back in 2000 at a Connecticut gym, Yoga has taken me through deep depression, anxiety, + self-loathing; 10+ years in the entertainment industry; 4 cross-country moves; $30,000+ in debt; my father’s sudden death; + writing my first 2 books in 1 year (just to name a few).
The poses lured me in, but it wasn’t long before I wondered why I felt more calm, patient, + hopeful when I practiced Yoga – and the feeling lasted for hours or days afterward.
That’s when the avalanche began: sutras, Vedas, yamas, niyamas, pranayama, bandhas, gunas, chakras, koshas, kleshas, purusharthas, mantras, mudras, nadis, pranavayus, karma, Ayurveda, panchakarma, … enough information to boggle anyone’s mind!
Another awesome thing about Yoga (if I haven’t “sold” you on it already): nothing is taken on blind faith – everything is meant to + encouraged to be tested. “Don’t take our word for it – try it yourself!”
And try it I did. It wasn’t long before I contemplated teaching Yoga. Knowing how much it had changed my life (nearly a full 180 degrees), I was eager to share Yoga with others.
Little tidbit about me: I’m an introvert, so the idea of standing up in front of a room full of strangers + having to not only talk to them, but also teach them – zero comfort zone there.
But Yoga lead me forward.
It took nearly 12 years, but I finally found the right combination of time, money, curiosity, vulnerability + most importantly, a very willing teacher. In 2012, I completed my 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Oceanside, California.
Overjoyed with my new knowledge, I eagerly began teaching … and quickly discovered how much I still had to learn. In 2013, I unexpectedly jumped in + completed my 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
Once again, overflowing with knowledge + learning more each day as I practice Yoga 24/7 (attempting to, at least!), I continue to teach Yoga classes, workshops, and very soon, exclusive online programs for YOU.
More About Victoria Klein – that’s me!
- aka Victoria Everman
- Practicing Yoga since 2000 + teaching Yoga since 2012
- Writing + blogging professionally since 2005
- Author of 2 Books: 27 Things to Know About Yoga + 48 Things to Know About Sustainable Living
- My Other Job Titles: ice cream scooper, waitress, data entry specialist, office manager, seasonal retail calender sales, fashion model (10 years – print & runway), actress, dancer, singer, lyricist, yoga studio front desk manager, magazine production assistant, sustainability consultant, virtual assistant, apartment leasing agent, customer happiness specialist, accounting clerk
- Other Interests: photography + all visual arts, music, reading, running, being outdoors, healthy living, eco-conscious living, bicycling, gardening, cooking, baking, tattoos, small businesses …
- Enneagram Type: 5 – The Investigator
- Ayurvedic Dosha: Vata (more + more + more)
- StrengthsFinder: Connectedness, Input, Intellection, Maximizer, Realtor
- Core Desired Feelings: Freedom, Ease, Strong, Abundance, Connection